Wednesday, April 4, 2012

entertainment system

Several times daily one of my little rascals does something that makes me laugh out loud.  Andrew says I don't have a sense of humor and don't laugh enough.... that's just because nothing is funnier than Anne's two year old humor.  Also, Dallas has a funny trick where he just eats everything... EVERYTHING.
For example:
Walking to the park there is a nice hill which is great therapy for Anne to climb up which means she hates it!  I asked her if she wanted to go up the hill and she said "No!  Hills dross!" 

Anne playing with her air plane full of puzzle pieces Mom asks "Where are they going?" Response "To priesthood."

Anne is thinks she can parent Dallas too. "No buddy. Don't touch it.  Go to time out! It's mine."  Dallas wasn't even near her or looking at her toy. 

I don't say oh my gosh ever.  Nothing against saying it or those who do but I just know Anne didn't get it from Andrew or me.  She says it all the time! "Oh my gosh its so big" "Oh my gosh Dallas" "Oh my gosh look!" All the time every day.  Its driving me crazy.  As much as I want to giggle cuz its cute and funny... something about that coming out of a two year old seems inappropriate... like she is cussing.  So I have tried to say just "Oh my" a lot to see if we can replace it.  I gently remind her not to say oh my gosh whenever she forgets.  I don't think its working. 

Dallas and his culinary curiosity includes: Dirt clods, wood chips, crumbs, hair balls, tiny little rubber bands, leaves, rocks, flowers, acorns, Anne's left over coconut milk and olive oil bottles, the really spicy dinner we had last night, bath water, banana peels, pine cones.  The kid grosses me out.  I try and give him a binkie like a cork but it doesn't stop him.  Lets just hope he doesn't find the line of ants that showed up this week in the kitchen... or the chili powder I put down to get rid of them.

I love my kids.

1 comment:

Liz the Manley said...

Aw yes, the gross diet of a crawligator!