So here I sit... bored at work again, but if I was cool enough to have a name plate on my desk it would have changed this week to Shiloh
Stradley! That sounds pretty awesome. I have already changed my name on my blog and
facebook and even at work. I am in the process of making it legal. Shiloh
Stradley.... Mrs. Shiloh
Stradley. Mr. and Mrs. Andrew
Stradley. Cool. Someone just asked me if it was weird to call Andrew husband or introduce him to people as my husband. Nope, comes pretty naturally. I've been wanting to do it since March! Pretty much I am married and I couldn't be happier!!! We really are having so much fun just hanging out and being goofy together. I can't get over how funny we are together. We can't seem to be serious very much and it is great!

The wedding and reception in Missouri was wonderful. The weather was great and being with family was wonderful. It was fun to see the
Pipkins and the
Stradleys meet one another and associate. They made a good team when it came to the decorating of our car. Wilson joined in whole
heartedly.

I got to see McKay and her husband and baby for the first time as well. I love her and miss her much. Andrew and I decided their baby is Whack for sure (white+black). I think I shall call him Lil Rash. Sounds like a great gangster name! Nobody will mess with him on the streets... they probably won't touch him at all...

The
Nauvoo Temple is gorgeous and I recommend that if anyone ever has the opportunity they must go! I just love
Nauvoo and Missouri. There is just something special there for me. The spirit and the people. It will always feel like home to me. Sorry Utah, I love you and I love your people and your schools and mountains and snow and stuff... but you got nothing on the Midwest. Except maybe you got Andrew... that makes me like Utah maybe a little bit more... but only a little bit.

We are waiting on the rest of our wedding pictures... we really wanna see them. Our Utah Open House is the next weekend and we are putting off organizing our apartment or buying things like pans to cook until we see our haul from the open house. It makes meals and cooking fun. "Hey lets make rice." "We don't have a skillet." "Lets make french toast." "We don't have eggs." "Lets have salad." "No dressing." Then we went to the grocery store. Funny story from the grocery store. I always forget to lock my door so Andrew leans in and does it for me. So I have tried to make a conscious effort to do it. When he went to open my door for me at the store on our run for food essentials I leaned it to lock my door... at least I think that's what I was doing. Andrew went to shut my door at the same time. Obviously neither of us was paying attention to what the other was doing. Needless to say, the door made contact with my face. I thought maybe my nose was busted and Andrew was scared he hurt me bad. We just kinda stood there and laughed til I was brave enough to move my hand to see the damage. Not bad. Just a small cut on my nose close to my eye. Mostly just a headache. With how accident prone I am we could possibly end up killing each other before we reach any
anniversaries... It could happen.

So to sum up this pointless brag I am married and I love Andrew with all my heart. We have been married for a week today and we still like each other. We are having lots of fun together. I recommend everyone marry their best friend. It is the way to go.

Going to work is killer. I hate being away for so long knowing he is probably bored out of his mind sitting on the couch reading some book wondering when exactly I will get home and contemplating where exactly he will get his next Olympic fix since we don't have a TV. Or worse... maybe he is having fun. He stayed here at work with me today for about two hours just reading the latest on the Olympics and watching synchronized swimming. I love him.
2 comments:
Congratulations Shiloh! Have fun setting up house!
a-hahahah! I love your car-door-to-the-face story. Classic Shiloh. Record those moments and refer to them often. Those are the ones that become family legend
Post a Comment