So this is the bouquet that Uncle Ryan made for me. Uncle Ryan did all the fake flowers for both Missouri and Utah. He is wonderful and I am a big fan of his work. I got to go shopping with him for the flowers and it was a blast. Funny man. Definitely a Stradley and definitely Marlo's brother. Behind said bouquet is Papa Marlo. I love him dearly. Best Dad ever. He has such a fun sense of humor. So the bouquet is gorgeous! Also very large. I kinda wanted to see what would happen if I tried to club someone with it. It would have been fun. You know someone in the line forgot to bring a gift... tough luck buster I shall beat you soundly with this monstrous bouquet.
Well I guess everyone loved the bouquet cuz it got passed around. This is Matthew Stradley the youngest of the Stradley clan. He is a lot of fun. He told me after Andrew and I got married that I always felt like part of the family but now he can really treat me like a sister. I guess I give him to many wet willies and now that I'm legally a Strad he can retaliate!
Again more bouquet posers. They wish it was their bouquet. These are the three youngest Stradley siblings. Andrew Matthew and Stacey. Andrew is married to me, Matthew is in high school, and Stacey is at college as an Aggie. They are a fun bunch. I love the facial expressions here...
All serious and not sure but wait look between what could that be? A bird? A plane? Nope, its Matthew and he looks angry. RUN!
Here is Mama Sandra with baby Jacqui. I have to say there were some other toddlers there and this one was the one was way better behaved. She is such a cutie. Mom did wonderful on this open house. She was worried it would be too over done for Andrew and my taste, but it was perfect. We really enjoyed it. Sandra just is amazing. Some people complain about their mothers in law but I just love mine. She made the dress and coordinated hotels and open houses and tuxs and made a wedding dress and helped get sister's dresses and Jacqui's dress and made a quilt... yup she is just wonderful. I don't know how she does it.
See told ya... cutie pie! I think she got a hold of someones cellphone. Maybe that is why she wasn't knocking over lanterns and getting into the garden.
This is the live entertainment. So this is a new Stradley tradition started at the last reception. Andrew was the singer at that one and the show was so good they decided to do it again. We were kinda expecting it, but we didn't know what they would sing or anything like that. They are known as the Strad Band and they sang two lovely songs. The first was a Beatles song I Feel Fine... fallowed by Dancing in the Moonlight which is Andrew's song. I guess whenever the family hears this song they think of Andrew. It was lovely and we danced in the moonlight. Andrew had previously said he wouldn't dance but we did and it was awesome. Then Andrew decided others should be dancing too, so he grabbed Mom and I grabbed Dad. It was fun. Tiffany sang this one and she did a lovely job. We had Matthew on base Steven on guitar Jared and Tiffany on vocals Stacey on piano and Sarah on drums. It was so much fun and a great way to end the whole thing.
So ya it was a lot of fun and Stradley's put on a good show. I wish my family from Missouri could have been there! Sure miss you guys. I hope you enjoy some of the pictures. I don't have the ones from the official photographer. These are all from Stacey's camera. Thanks again to everyone Stradleys and Pipkins for all the hard work that went into both reception/open house shindigs. It was wonderful. Andrew and I are so blessed to have such a wonderful big family.
1 comment:
awe, that's great! What a lot of fun. Those Stradleys and their musical talents. What are you going to contribute to the band at the next Stradley wedding? PS - thanks for posting pics just for me. :D
Post a Comment