Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Because I haven't in a while

I was talking to Amber Dearest about blogging this morning and how lately my life has gotten a lot less exciting to everyone else. I just haven't felt like blogging sorry guys. I know there are lots of you out there who want so badly to be posted on every second of my life right? Not so much? Its cool, I understand. To be honest though I just love logging onto Amber's blog or someone else's and having something fun and full of pictures to read. So I guess I am being selfish by not giving back. So here I am giving back...

I found out about myself yesterday that I am really good at standing up for myself when I feel attacked or the need to be stubborn and stalwart. Kind of like in the animal kingdom you protect yourself when you are being attacked but if your predator seems nice and pretty looking you ignore them til you are dead. It seems when I am asked politely or even cajoled into things I may not necessarily want to do I give in willingly. Sad I know.

For instance... I got a phone call from a very sweet Mary Kay lady who got my information from a friend. She asked so politely if I wanted a FREE facial and some pampering... uh duh for sure did you say FREE? So of course I said yes and she asked so nicely! Then the stipulations came... she had to come to my house, well not had to I just didn't want to go to hers. I had to invite friends... ha friends. What friends. I just got married... I'm still working on getting used to that let alone trying to make friends! Then there is that whole hanging out with single people that you weren't really close to in the first place. If you want to keep your single friends while married its got to be one of those magical relationships that you were attached at the hip and still are... which leads to marital issues I'm pretty sure. Also I have a crazy work schedule so the only time is at 10:00 in the morning and try getting friends to come to that! Oh no... why did I say yes. Now I have to talk to people... and get my "friends" to come. Ya sure I could get free stuff for getting friends to come so I get paid to have friends? Man I wish I had some friends to use.
Also... lets look at this face. Creepy. Kinda looks like an old man in a weird dress. Could be a cross dresser... look at that wig! Hair net? I dunno... just creepy. I really don't know what Mary Kay make up does to you over the years... but I don't wanna look like that when I'm old. I'm more going for something like this
Flawless. Classic. Gorgeous.

So now I need to find friends or think of a way to get out of being mutated into and old man/woman in a tent. I also need to grow a back bone to those pretty predators otherwise known as Mary Kay Consultants.

1 comment:

Phogles said...

hee hee hee! Yeah, those MK ladies will get you. I'm really surprised your "fight or flight" instincts didn't kick in. You need to find out which "friend" gave her your info, and invite that "friend" long for the fun. :D