
A while back Andrew and I and friends got to go to Oktoberfest up at a ski resort near us and it was fun. Well actually the fun started after we went to Oktoberfest. The fest itself was a letdown... not enough drunk people or Germaness. So we walked around and looked at the open air market which has a cool German name that escapes me right now... Andrew would know it. Something sounding like Christmas I think... Anyway, Andrew decided we need some real German food!

So we found a cool little Dutch store and went shopping. Andrew put together some Canoodles and Schnitzel and Roat Kolle (sorry for butchering the spelling Andrew). Canoodle is a funny word wich means something compleatly different to me than potatoe balls. They are kinda like a ball of mashed potatoes. Now Schnitzel I always pictured to be a yummy sweet treat of some kind... nope it is pork and it is delicious! The Roat Kolle is pickled purple cabbage and Andrew loves it. He asked if when we get food storage if roat kolle could be our main staple or a part of it. It was great! It was mostly fun just to see Andrew get really excited about Germany and German food and sharing it with us. We had Nate and Ashley with us and Ashley even ate some of the meat and didn't die. Mama Stradley's birthday is coming up this next week so Andrew will be cooking German food again and that will be loads of fun!
2 comments:
hahahaha. thank you guys for a fun day! now we have to do something again soon.
I vaguely rember going to that when I was a kid and we lived in Provo...all that stands out in my mind, though, was that someone was giving away Swiss Miss hot chocolate. For real? Free hot chocolate!...I was young. Love the pictures! Andrew makes a fetching bar maid. :D
Post a Comment