Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wonderful Experience
So I woke up in a bad mood and had a bad morning and didn't want to do anything... especially going to the care center for the elderly in our stake and teaching a lesson I really hadn't prepared as much as I should have. I wanted to stay home and cuddle Anne and pity myself. I didn't and that is good. I decided to teach a lesson on Elder Bednar's talk about Tender Mercy go here to read it... worth the time I promise. I used my own stories and experiences but the bones of his talk got me through. So I wasn't happy and I didn't want to go... got up earlier than normal and showered and dressed up did my hair..... I got there and as I was walking in there was a beautiful peacock by the front door! Seriously. That made me smile. Going in it looks almost like you are entering a Chinese restaurant because there are huge bulbous fish tanks built into the wall. That made me smile too. Then the ladies assigned from the stake to be in the relief society presidency stopped and talked to me. Some of them had connections to Missouri and they were so nice. That also made me smile. Someone I knew and could talk to showed up so I didn't feel so alone. That made me smile. Pretty soon I wasn't so upset and I was noticing all the happy little things going on around me. All the ladies had their nails painted nice. One lady called everyone dear and was so nice... she was singing the words from "Put your shoulder to the wheel" to the wrong song but all in tune. The Relief Society president greeted every lady and made sure to make contact say their name and make them smile. She was really an inspiration. I shared my lesson and it went really well and reminded me of all the blessings I have had this last year and how much my Father in Heaven loves me. I also learned that serving others helps me to forget myself and feel my Savior's love. So that is my feel good story.... also Anne has rolled over twice on her own!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you ended up having a better day than you anticipated. I've realized that it's the days I don't want to do anything, are the days I should actually get up and try to look nice. That alone makes a big difference, doesn't mean I always do it! AND Anne rolling over by herself...how amazing is that? Watching your kids progress is ALWAYS cool!
yup, further proof that the gospel is true, because it totally defies all logic that, when you are feeling pitiful and miserable, if you do nice things to serve others, you will not feel as pitiful or miserable. works every time. and, glad to here that Anne is "on a roll"!
Post a Comment