Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Life Is Now Complete!

So there really is only one person in existence that I have always wanted to grow up and be like. She truly is my hero. However, being like here isn't enough. I must be better. Mission accomplished Amber my dear sister. I have 22 followers and you have, sadly, only 21. I can die a happy woman. Now please don't look too closely at my followers because I'm sure they aren't all active accounts and whatnot... but hey it is the internet and what it tells me must be true. So I have 22 followers (Thank you Emily Eaton). To those of you cool people who have more than that... I don't care. Never said I wanted to be better than you. Also, while living and a fancy free college student I danced a lot. Like every free dance party in town I was there. I always went with the same group of friends and I always danced my heart out. This group of friends decided they had the skills and know how to start their own dance parties and so they did. Well, two or so years later those friends of mine throw the best dance parties around. They still always invite me to come and I still always say no sorry I'm married to a man who has different loves and interests than dancing and also my baby wouldn't appreciate me leaving her all night. Well... they dedicated their most recent dance party to my birthday! Now I have to go! I don't even know most of the people who go to these dance parties anymore! What is worse...? I don't know if I remember how to dance... I mean I've birthed a child since the last time I danced... I might look like a fool... or worse, a Mom who is trying to still be cool! I'm going anyway. I'm dragging Andrew with me. He has sworn he will not dance and there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it... but he will go because it is my birthday and he loves me a lot. The dance starts at 9:30 pm... We are generally asleep by that time! This will be interesting. I think mostly it will remind me that I am old and I can't dance or stay up late anymore. It does make me feel cool and remembered and loved that they would throw a dance party in my honor. I do miss those guys and it will be great to see them. Now that my life is complete with being awesome and dance parties in my honor…what shall I do with myself?

2 comments:

Ma'ila Tamblyn said...

I'm bummed that I can't be there! slash stoked that they're holding the partay in your honor, you deserve this!

Liz the Manley said...

Yeah Tony doesn't do dances either....haven't been to one since I was in young womens...pout pout...i'm jealous