Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seeing Spots!

So it has been an interesting month for little Anne.  She turned 1 year old September 10th!  Then she quit eating.  This went on for about two weeks until Similac announced their recall!!!  Yes Anne's main source of nutrition had mulched beetle.  YUCK!  It bothered Anne's poor digestion and so she got smart and refused to eat very much and threw up often.  Once we figured that out and got her on beetle free formula all was right with the world again... Or so I thought. 
Little miss developed an attitude!!!  Noooooooo!  She was such a sweet easy baby!  Well okay to be fair I mean easy like I could sit and watch movies and do nothing all day and she would just roll around not minding being ignored.  Heaven forbid that now she wants a little attention.  She has become a bit of a fuss and very clingy.  Why this sudden change?  Is it just because she is one?  Nope... it is teeth!  Anne has cut her first two teeth on the bottom.  It took a bit but they finally broke through her gums.  Thank goodness.  I don't know how I am ever going to survive through the rest of her teeth coming in! 
Well while cutting teeth we went to see Marlo run a marathon.  Great Stradley family tradition!  While on our little vacation Anne breaks out in spots head to toe!!!  We ran to the closest insta care only to find out Medicaid doesn't cover our entire state... at least not the kind we had.  Stupid.  I seriously think someone should look in to that.  We coughed up the cash because we love Anne more than money.  All the Doc said was keep her hydrated and keep her temperature down!  DUH!!!  He didn't know what it was and had a few guesses.  She did have her MMR shot 7 days before said outbreak.  Bad reaction?  Or true virus.  We will never now.  Anyway... she survived and luckily so did Andrew and I.  Anne... what a drama queen.  Always throwing in some medical wrench to be the center of attention.  We love her.  Here are pictures of her sad spots.  Tell me if you can diagnose her!


9 comments:

Naomi said...

ahhh, look at the cute happy face! still adorable even with spots!

Amanda M said...

Oh my gosh Shiloh!! Umm, that last picture!! I would be FREAKING out!! At least she looks happy in that last picture!! Crazy!!

Rachel Lybbert said...

Poor thing! I hope you guys are able to figure out what the problem is. But one thing's for sure: she is adorable!

Kristin said...

Combination of spots and hair make her look like some crazy who from a Doctor Suess book! ;) But she sure is a cute one!!

Meg said...

Oh how scary! And what a dumb doctor! I agree with everyone else- she's SOOO cute, even with all those spots!

Liz the Manley said...

It looks like MMR rash, but it could've been heat rash, which is why he told you to keep her hydrated and temp down. But seriously, she is just too cute! Spots and all! Love you Shiloh!

MetroParks said...

Just a reader who found you through a friends heart blog. My seven year old had the EXACT same reaction a week after her MMR at one and again after the chicken pox vaccine when she was a little older. Both times I was told it had nothing to do with the shot. I didn't and don't believe it.
It is hard to see but my guess is definetly the shot.
Sarah

Where in the world is Rachel... said...

First, Baby Anne looks adorable even with all the crazy spots! :) Second, I just saw your comment on my blog...i miss you!!! Third, I didn't even know my movie was missing!! haha so...don't worry about sending it...but if you ever NEED my address... oh I don't know...for a nice little note or something...then it is....

1324 Locust St. #1131
Philadelphia, PA 19107

love you!!

Phogles said...

shots....grrr...