Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little carried away?

So.... Anne has this routine where she likes to join me in the hallway when I do my hair and make-up.  She gets into my make-up basket and takes each object out inspects it shakes it a few times and tosses it over her shoulder.  It never gets old for her.  She loves it.
Well,  today we were extra bored... and Anne has been sick and funless the last few days... and she loves to play with whatever make-up utensil/blush/eyeliner I have just used.  So we had some fun. 

I know I know it looks more like I tortured her.... but we had fun I promise.


Maybe purple eyeshadow just isn't for her?  Or Apple flavored red lip gloss... or blush.  I stopped there.  No need to create a child beauty pageant monster just yet.  Someday though, someday she will be a star.

P.S. I hope you don't think I'm serious.  She won't be seeing any make-up again until she is at least in her teens... late teens... and beauty pageants... I don't think the other little girls would have a chance so we should just be gracious and let them win while we enjoy our innocence a few more years.

1 comment:

Mark Galbraith said...

Having a daughter who is entering on the threshold of make-up agehood I have to agree with your assessment of age appropriateness...definitely late teens, maybe early thirties.