Monday, April 18, 2011

Free at last! Free at last!

We are all home!  Thanks to Marilee the Nurse that is.  So Friday I was supposed to feed Dallas 3 or 4 times and that got tricky with study groups for Andrew and someone to watch Anne.  So it ended up that I did two back to back feeds in the morning and two back to back feeds in the evening.  Dallas did awesome at both!  Back to back is supposed to be hard for tiny babies but not for Dallas.  So Saturday we had Marilee the nurse who I think has been my favorite nurse so far.  Scheduling got crazy again so we tried three in a row... then Marilee thought maybe I should go four in a row but she would make sure and pass it by a Dr first.... no Dr could be found.  So Marilee said why don't I try anyway.  Better to ask forgiveness than permission right?  Well 4 feeds in a row is the start of going home... that is a 12 hour straight breastfeeding... no tubes nothing but natural.  Well we did awesome and the Dr said heck, lets make it a 24 hour and keep going.  So we did.  Now realize this is supposed to be a 3 or 4 day process... for us it became a 1 1/2 day process.  I spent the night at the hospital Saturday night and fed him through the night.  The next day I barely made it to church with Andrew before the Dr called and said Dallas should just go home today.  If I felt ready they thought he was ready and could go!  So we left after sacrament meeting and gathered our things and headed to the hospital to feed him and sign all the paperwork.  Dallas was home by mid afternoon!  Thanks to all who served us and prayed for us and spent time just hanging out with my boring bedridden self.  We are so glad to have Dallas home.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Um- NOT boring.

Meg said...

That's a miracle! I'm so happy for you! Yay!

Liz the Manley said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you and your little family :)

Hannah said...

Yay!! Now the fun maddness of two children begins! :)

Rachel Lybbert said...

Yay!! That's wonderful!

Phogles said...

I am soSOso glad you are all home now where you belong. Now you should sleep and cuddle and generally lounge around as much as possible. We keep you in our prayers!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Yes we DO want to see you all and yes we DO want to meet your sweet sweet little ones!!! We are definitely going to try and work it out.