Thursday, July 19, 2012

Expect The Expected Expecting.

So for those of you who don't know just yet... we are expecting our third child!  We are really excited.  That means we will have the Disney Family pack!  When I was growing up and I would see those "you could win a Disney family pack for 5 to Disney Land..."commercials and I was like MAN we would have to win like 2 1/2 of those just to get our family of 12 there!  Well, maybe I should win one now before it is to late? However, I've told Andrew if I ask for another kid after this to just SAY NO!  Let me explain... I love kids.  My first two pregnancies were fairly easy as far as the first trimester and nausea and all that goes.  Seriously I barely knew I was pregnant.  This time however... sick city.  Seriously! Is it always this bad for everybody else?  Why do you keep having kids?!?  I don't even like taking medication that has nasty side effects but I begged my Doc for some strong nausea medication just so I could make it through the day.  I still felt sick... just a little less sick.  Poor dear sweet wonderful Andrew has been keeping house for about a month now while starting out at his graduate program.  What a good man.  He says he loves me very much he just doesn' like me when I'm pregnant ha ha thanks hun.  I don't imagine laying around all day and being bossy and sick would endear me to anyone.  However... I am trying to see the nausea as a good sign.  My first two breezy no sick pregnancies all had traumatizing scary NICU births at the end of them.  You see, when your body has a normal healthy happy pregnancy you have normal nausea hormones that make you hate waking up everyday.  My first two pregnancies weren't that normal.  Anne and Dallas are however normalish and adorable now.  So... maybe sickness now means easy delivery and no NICU stay?  I'm trying to decide if its worth it though...YES it is... NICU is expensive... Liking the food I eat isn't that important... must not want NICU... throwing up is ok...
On another slightly related topic... You know the story of the little red hen? You know she plants the grain and grows the grain and harvests the grain and grinds the grain and bakes the bread and eats the bread all by herself cuz NOBODY would help her?  Well the little red hen must not have had kids!  Finding something to eat that doesn't make me want to hurl is tough.  So when I find something I seriously hide from my kids so I don't have to share.  In our living room/kitchen there is a bar separating the dining area from the kitchen area.  I hide in kitchen behind the bar hoping the kids won't notice... but they always do. Even though they have food right in front of them they want mine! So I share. Stupid little red hen. 
Welp, now you all know our happy news.  I really am doing fine, just you know sick and pregnant and that's good and I am grateful for this healthy pregnancy.  Today I was watching this news clip about the one child policy in China and just feeling so grateful that I won't get thrown in jail for having another kid.  I'm due in January and we find out the gender in four weeks!!!  I'm betting on a girl and I haven't been wrong yet. 
Toodles.
Oh, and some pictures so you don't feel like you read all that for nothing.

Dallas being a goob

Anne acting like a girl earings and all (seriously this doesn't happen often! She doesn't like dresses, hairdoes, dolls...)
 
Dallas doesn't like the gate when Mommy isn't on the same side as him.

The earings. Fancy are they not?

How we will be packing for vacations from now on!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I knew it! (Copy-cats!) When we we were at your house a short while back I almost asked when the next one was coming but then I decided it was none of my business... Congrats, we're really excited for you - and excited to have another kid close to the same time as you! Good luck with the sickness.

Rachel Lybbert said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the pics. And congrats on your third! Being super sick IS how most of us do the pregnancy thing. :) And since I totally know how you feel, I sure hope you get feeling better soon! I took B6, Unisom, and Zofran to help with the nausea. Give them a try if you haven't already! :)

Phogles said...

Because, yeah, what's a blog post without pictures? Why would I even read it? ;) I totally hide my yummy-preggo-food stash from my kids, too. and it doesn't work for me, either.