If you would glance over to your right just next to that lovely picture there and read that little self explanation of mine just near the bottom there is a lovely addition from my husband. This made me smile. I told him the other night to take a look at my blog because I had spruced it up a bit and it looks nice. He asked how one even logged into my blog to edit and play, I told him then I promptly went back to what i was doing (napping on the couch). Today I got on my blog... as is routine for me in the mornings at work when I am killing time... and I noticed his little note. What a sweetheart. He really is a great husband and I love him more than anything. I have realized a few things this week about how much I love this great man...

1. I really am blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves me and respects me. I was speaking with a friend the other day about a divorce she had gone through recently and she told me it really all came down to that he didn't ever want a family and he also worked all the time and kept her "happy" with giving her allowance for buying things to keep her busy. I thought how horrible that would be to have all the money you needed but no husband or anything that really mattered. It made me really grateful for Andrew and the hard work he does but also all the attention he pays to me and that he is excited to start our little family.

2. He is so spontaneous and fun. He decided a week or two ago that we are going to learn Spanish... I didn't take him very seriously. I thought it was just some silly whim or fun idea. I did not expect him to follow through on it. Until he dragged me to a Spanish class that our ward is offering. Then I believed him. Now this Sunday we are doing a musical presentation in sacrament meeting where he will be playing the piano and I and a few others will be singing a Spanish Christmas carol. I have never sung in a musical presentation small group of people where I can be heard by others group nervous sweating fainting group of people singing in front of people..... I will be okay. I love my husband.

3. He calms me down when I get stressed and out of control. He can tell when I'm upset even when I'm not sure that I'm upset. He won't let me ignore him or my stress. He makes me talk. He helps me see that I'm not just being silly and that everything will be okay and I love him for that. The other day I was stressed about something at work and I just called him out of the blue to hear his voice... it automatically calmed me down. He said everything would be okay and I believed him. He is also willing to let it go when I have been silly... he doesn't hold it over my head or keep bothering me about my imperfections. If the house is messy he doesn't complain. Maybe he wants to... but he doesn't do it.

4. He isn't awkward around other people... when I am. He is very much a people person, even though he pretends not to be, and I am beginning to learn that I am not. I don't know when this happened or if it has always been true but I'm not a people person. I am very good at acting like one... but it is all lies. I would rather curl up in a ball under a nice warm blanket and watch a movie and never see day light again. Maybe that isn't true but Andrew is very personable and kind to others. He is always willing to make new friends and meet new people and invite someone over to dinner. I would rather hang out with the friends I already know and never meet anyone else. Also not true... but you get the point. Andrew is awesome.

5. He is willing to do what i want to do. Even if that is playing
skipbo or hunting for a Christmas tree that we aren't going to buy or exploring tunnels and a park that is shut down. He likes to do fun crazy weird things and I love that. We are fun and kiddie and we keep ourselves entertained.

6. He is a good righteous man. He loves going to the temple with me and I love that. He loves serving those in our ward. He does his home teaching. He knows more people in the ward than I do. He loves to have the missionaries over as often as possible. He reads scriptures and says prayers with me. He is good and I am so grateful for that. I have known my share of troubled lost men in this world who hurt those who love them with their poor choices and refusal to apply the atonement to their wounds and sins. Andrew is not that man. He served an honorable mission and he loves the gospel. That is such a comfort to me. I used to say that to him all the time when we were dating. I love that you are good... I still feel that way.

7. Lets be honest... look at him. He is just so handsome. I can't get enough of him. We were watching a movie last night and i just took a few minutes to just stare at him. I really can't get enough of this guy. This is long... anyway the point is ladies. Hold on to your wonderful husbands. They don't come cheap. It bothers me to hear other women complain about their husbands about the silly little things. Husband bashing sessions are terrible. Don't do it. That said I shouldn't bash other peoples husbands or anyone for that matter. I'm not perfect. Okay... getting off my soap box. I love my husband.
1 comment:
yup, that was quite the ode. but it was not odiferous. I agree with you: you pick a winner (or were picked by one?). You guys make a great team. And I LOVE what you've done with your blog! Where did you get the template?
Post a Comment