Monday, December 15, 2008

The Weekend

Andrew and I had a wonderful weekend. I may seem like a Christmas bah humbug just because I hate Santa and all the commercialized mumbo jumbo... but I actually love this time of year. Friday night started off our weekend with us having the opportunity to go to The Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Program with one of Andrew's long lost boyhood friends and his wife. It was lovely.I really mean it... just lovely. There were two guests that night one being (try following me on this one) The man who did the singing part of Jethro in the Prince of Egypt. Wonderful voice. I am normally not a fan of someone who is to jazzy or changes good ole Christmas songs to much. However, I will make and exception. This man was spectacular. Also he sang the song form Prince of Egypt with the choir and Temple Square Orchestra and I had a myriad of emotions. At first I started giggling because I couldn't help but thing of cute little Wilson dancing like a nut in our family lip sync. It made me so happy I began to cry. Andrew joined in on the giggling because he had seen the lip sync. The couple in front of us just starred at us for being so rude. Then I cried because I love Christmas I love Mormons and I love my family. It was just wonderful. The other guest introduced the song I heard the Bells. That is by far my most favorite Christmas song. I told the story of how Longfellow (I think that is who wrote it) came up with the lyrics and it was just beautiful. Again I cried. I don't know what it is about me being this stone cold emotionless rock... but good beautiful music just gets me. That is not the first time I have cried in front of others because music has touched me. I'm sure Andrew was glad to learn that I have emotions.Then we went with Andrew's old pal and wife and to eat dinner and got home late late late driving through a nice little blizzard that didn't stick in Utah County at all... Just in SLC. We woke up o dark early to make it to Salt Lake again for a mission buddy of Andrew's temple sealing. It was lovely. The sweetest part is that both Mr and Mrs cried through the whole ceremony. Just so sweet. I don't remember crying but I'm pretty sure I had a big stupid grin on my face. I had never been in the Salt Lake Temple but it was lovely. Also snowing again in Salt Lake but not sticking back in Provo. The couple opted to take pictures at the reception rather than the temple in the cold cold snow. Andrew is a little displeased with missing out on all the snow fun that those up North are having.That afternoon we had dinner with Uncle William and Aunt Charlene. Daniel and Rachel with boyfriend were there and we decorated gingerbread houses from these fun little kits. I think ours turned out smashing. Rachel and Jared (said boyfriend) decorated theirs pretty great. They started a lovely roof design and just pure cuteness then *gasp* their little reindeer's head broke off but that didn't stop them. The incorporated it into their house. The deer had a red gumdrop attached to either half of its body and then glued to the side of the house. Very funny. Then Rachel put a gingerbread man falling of the roof while trying to put up Christmas lights. It became very Christmas macabre very quickly.
Sunday, Andrew played piano while I sang in our Spanish caroling group. Surprisingly I did not faint. It was fun. Then I taught the relief society lesson which did almost make me faint... but I think it went went well. Here is a surprise for all... I am actually beginning to like Relief Society!!! I am also really excited to go visiting teaching this week. Wow... go figure. I guess when you serve you love.

Sunday evening we had the opportunity to go see Andrew's family (Dad, Mom, Stacey, Matthew) perform in their Stake Christmas Program. Dad sang a lovely solo with Matthew accompanying. It was lovely and we got to spend time with family which I love. So That is all. A Wonderful weekend with wonderful family.

3 comments:

Allison said...

hey cute girl. fun blog! I'm doing great. I'm teaching 7th grade and loving it! How are you?

Phogles said...

awesome! and I'm so inspired by that gingerbread house thing. I want a safety-hazard gingerbread theme!

Phogles said...

...uhm...

OK, now it's MY turn to nag YOU about updating. Get on that, will ya?