The Provo Stradley's had a wonderful Holiday Season! Sadly we are terrible at taking pictures so I will have to steal some from siblings... and there aren't many. Stick with me though I promise the stories are worth the read! Or your money back.
I was able to take the week of Christmas off to spend with the Stradley's. Probably not the best financial decision... but it was fun. I think I will break this up so it is more reader friendly. One story at a time.
They Stradley's took all of us skiing and it was wonderful! I hear the Pipkin clan thought I was going to kill myself. I guess one certain sister said upon hearing of my impending adventure..."Not Shiloh! She is clumsy!" Well family, I survived! Sandra was my wonderful ski instructor. We first got there and I had a problem with getting my boot on around my fat bad ankle. I had on two pairs of socks and my ankle brace. It hurt so bad but I pushed through and went down my first hill with Andrew and Sandra making sure I didn't kill myself. Andrew kept asking if I was okay... I guess he could tell my the grimace of pain and determination that something was up. I said I was fine and kept on. I really wanted to cry because my ankle was so uncomfortable... really painful. The most pain I have experienced in that ankle in a while. So I went back to the lodge to see what I could do.
I refused to give up! I was already there, everything had already been rented... and I didn't want to be the only one who wasn't skiing. Really making the decision to ski was an off and on thing for me. Just ask Andrew. One day I was going the next day I wasn't. I hadn't done anything that would put that much strain on my ankle since I broke it. So me in my stubborn fashion didn't want to be lame and wanted everyone else to think I was cool... I decided to go. Still trying to impress those Stradley's I guess. I took off the extra sock and my ankle brace and put my boot back on and said a few prayers mostly that I wouldn't permanently damage myself... and I went back on the hills.
Sandra was a wonderful teacher and I only had one really good fall. I even got off the bunny hills to the next bigger hill! Yup fun fun fun. You get really tired though. Those Stradley boys are crazy when it comes to skiing. Well they are crazy when ever you get them together. It is like they feed off each other and just do one thing after another that I would never dare do... like jumping off cliffs. I don't know if that actually happened or if it was dangerous but I heard over lunch that day that one of them jumped off a cliff. Crazy. I like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment