So I've decided I really love our little family ward. On Sunday we get to see more wardies than any other day with callings and ward choir (yes I caved and I go to ward choir with my husband... they are all a little more gifted than your average choir... it entertains me when we have to do warm up exercises like sticking a finger in our mouth and humming the whole song... everyone mezo piano now forte now hum now trill now make silly faces and listen to your tone... I don't know what it means... but it looks pretty funny).
I also enjoy relief society these days! I look forward to teaching my one Sunday a month. I used to hate relief society... no joke disliked it a lot. Funny story with that and my calling... I decided last fall that I needed to work on this problem. I told Andrew and I started praying about, then I got called to teach relief society. HA! Someone has a sense of humor. When I got my blessing for the calling from the Bishop he said I would have a love for the sisters... I do. I really love the opportunity to learn teach and bare testimony and hear their comments and testimonies. I have learned a lot. When I am not teaching I normally sit by my good friend Kristen, who is pregnant, and another sister whose name I won't even try to spell. We sit closest to the door for a quick get away. The cutest thing is that all the old biddies sit on the back row. Some of them can't even hear so they should be sitting closer right? Nope they sit on the very back row. They are cute.
This week before the lesson started we were all chatting amongst ourselves and I was asking Kristen about maybe borrowing her vacuum so our floors would be clean when mgmt came to deep clean them. The other sister who's name I can't spell said "you don't have a vacuum? I will get you one." Sure, sweet thought and I think your neat but ya sweet thought. Til we got a call the next night with her showing up with a vacuum with a spare belt and bag! WHAT?!? Ya, we now are the proud owners of our very own vacuum thank you to a sweet dear sister in our ward. She has two kids between newborn and 2 she has a full life... but she took the time to find a vacuum for us, she doesn't even really know us that well. I have talked to her twice and she didn't even remember my name... but I can't spell hers so I guess its fair. I was touched. How thoughtful. Really? Who does that? Wonderful people that is who.
That is my heartwarming story for the week. We are all loved. I should be better at reaching out and blessing others where I can. If this sweet sister can find time... SO CAN I!
In other news I have a little more paperwork and appointments to go to and I am back in school for spring! I am a little frustrated with how long it is taking and someone forgot to tell me a few of the steps so I have to go back a do some other dumb stuff but Andrew said its worth it so its worth it!
Also, work is considering me for another position in accounting! It would be a pay raise and a 9-5 job. My job now is 7:30-3:30 and I am not a morning person. I figure I can work this job and do one or two classes spring and summer then rearrange some things for fall. I gotta get done so that means save save save now then school school school this fall. Wish me luck. We could use the raise!
1 comment:
This is me wishing you luck [squinting hard and holing my breath]
Also, the whole vacuum story is wonderful and fabulous. Having a vacuum totally sucks! (huh huh huh)
Post a Comment