Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Some Days I Do Nothing

You Did Nothing For To Long,

And Now The Monster Will Eat You!!!

Ever have those days where you feel like an absolute slug and you do nothing? I have those days sometimes... This pictures sums up my feelings about those days. However, I have not actually experienced one of these glorious monster eaten days in the last week or two. Time is no longer my ally... I have no more of it to waste! Which makes me want to get eaten by monsters all the more... when before I loathed it... makes no sense.
Andrew and I decided we are going to start jogging/running (I separate the two because I jog/walk and Andrew runs/is awesomer) together in the evenings and work on our personal and couples scripture study and other such worthy causes. These wonderful goals have eaten up all my slug time. For example... yesterday evening I really wanted to be a slug and stare at the ceiling or back of my eyelids... BUT the laundry desperately needed doing and we were out of milk and butter and eggs and almost out of bread... grocery shopping needed to be done AND we hadn't gone jogging/running.
Sooo we accomplished said physical activity then I tried to be sluggish again but to no avail. I did laundry and went grocery shopping. I was so good at doing the laundry however (even with the help of my wonderful husband) that I forgot to get it out on time so Andrew kindly this morning walked across the frigid parkinglot to the other side of our complex to retrieve clean clothes for his sluggish wife.
My legs ache from jogging/walking and I want to do nothing for a year or two... it makes me feel a little better that Andrew's legs ache too except I know that he has been quadrupling the distance I walked/jogged with his crazy running/awesome skills... We are talking he RAN 3ish miles or more last night and I walked/jogged emphasis on walked maybe 2ish so I feel good because he is in pain but I feel like a sissy cuz I shouldn't be ha!
As for time I no longer have... I guess I should find it again sometime just so I can cram more stuff into it. I almost cringe when friends ask for some time to do frivolous things like play and have fun... because its my time to waste not theirs! I think I shall begin scheduling days I can waste maybe once every other month or so and then cram the rest of them with stuff that needs to be done... and occasionally let friends waste my time too.

4 comments:

Phogles said...

tee-hee-hee! You time waste-R-oo! Enjoy it while you can, baby!. Also, I DO SO follow your blog. I read it all the time. And when you go weeks without updating it, I still read it (again). Just because I haven't added a thumbnail of myself to your awesomeness doesn't mean I don't tag along. And, for the record, it is incredibly cool that you are walking 2ish miles. I wanna come! We can leave my horde with Mark and Andrew...

Unknown said...

O.KAY.

why is it that I must find out from Jeni's blog that you found from my blog that you even have a blog?!

Somebody has some splainin to do.

Unknown said...

OH. And, how come you're not one of my followers eh?!

Hilarious said...

Ask and ye shall receive. I remember wasting time AND running with you. And let it be known that I will waste your time any old day! I love you like Halo loves horse treats....