So honestly I have been avoiding posting anything. Really its because there is so much to say and so little time to get it said. Sorry to all of you who have missed me.
Here is the scoop.
For those of you who don't know we are having a little girl in October. We are more than excited. Also, she has a rare disorder known as Dandy Walker Variant. Sounds cute and scary at the same time. Basically we went in for the gender ultrasound at 20 weeks and they told us we needed to see a specialist for a second opinion on something that looked "different" not bad just "different". Thank goodness for my sanity we got in to see a specialist the very next day. To make a long story short there is an odd gap in between the back halves of her brain. I would try to explain it technically with all the cool names but it would probably make more sense if you just read this: http://www.madisonsfoundation.org/index.php/component/option,com_mpower/Itemid,49/diseaseID,305/
The last three months have been a journey for Andrew and I. Worried that there was something terribly wrong, finding its bad but we don't know much but it could be OK, not knowing what to expect.... Really it is so rare that the Dr can't even tell us how it will manifest itself in our daughter. We have no idea. Bad or good or nothing. Nothing.
Faith has come to be a big thing for the two of us. For me I have always needed information facts knowledge to approach any situation. We don't have that. So I have been praying and others have fasted for us a ton. In small ways we have both been blessed and prepared for Anne and whatever she brings with her.
If you have questions please feel free to ask. We aren't being shy about this or keeping any secrets. I will try to keep everyone updated through this blog. Especially after Anne Louise arrives we may not be calling and talking to everybody but I will have time to post pictures and updates here.
I know Father in Heaven has a plan for our little family and that he loves and is mindful of us. I am so grateful for the blessings we have received and for this beautiful girl who will be a part of our family.
3 comments:
I too know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for your family and for your baby-girl-to-be. What an honor it is to welcome such an incredible spirit into the world, what choice parents our Father in Heaven has chosen for Anne. I can imagine there are lots of questions and so many concerns... Please know that we're here for you, we support you and we'll be praying for your family! Keep us updated as time permits!
good to see you back! you are in our prayers, every single night. :o)
I miss you terribly, so the only thing I do is call, e-mail, read your blogs, pray - well you get the idea.
Post a Comment