Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Good News Is Slow
Anne is now over 3 lbs she is now a whopping 3 lb 6 oz! I think she is taking 31 or 32 mL every three hours (an ounce is 30 mL). She moved up from the smallest diaper size but the next size up is still to big she tends to make messes for the nurses. They keep asking if I want to change her... HA! I figure they charge enough to change her too. I will get plenty of opportunities to change her once she is home. She is off humidity which means her skin is doing a ton better and she can moisturize herself. She is still on a heater but not as much as before. Before they where regulating the temp of her bed based on her body temp. Now the regulate it by room temp and keep it there. She still needs that heat if her heater where to drop below room temp she would have a hard time keeping herself warm. I get to start nursing her twice a day today. They want to give her oxygen while I am nursing so we don't stress her out. She forgets to breath while swallowing. Honestly it is the most frustrating thing. She is not good at nursing at all and I have to be very very very patient. For example for a good nursing session it takes almost an hour and at the end of it she gains no weight meaning she didn't get any food out of our whole patient hour!!! Come on! Good thing she is cute and I like her enough to keep trying. Also I figure pumping and using a bottle to feed her sounds like way to much work. She gets to wear outfits occasionally but they are all huge on her! One of the nurses noticed she hasn't been wearing a bow in a while and put a new one on her. We like our nurses (most of them). They all have funny nicknames like hair nurse, no personality nurse, she Brad, Brad... you get the idea. Hair nurse is favorite and she is the one who makes sure Anne has bows galore! Well that is all I can think of. No new pictures to add sorry. I will work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so, does this mean Anne gets to think outside the box?
Hahaha. The funny thing about these posts is that I can hear you saying everything you write in my head.
Post a Comment