Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Home Where My Musics Playin Home Where My Love Lifes Waitin...

You heard right! We are finally home and mostly settled in. Still working on a schedule because we definitely need one with Andrew riding the bus for 1 1/2 hours both ways, pumping, feeding, showering, eating (it is 10:17 and I haven't had anything but gummy bears), sleeping. Luckily I have a wonderful mother-in-law who bathed Anne today and watches her while I shower. We got home Sunday Afternoon and Mom had decorated the house with a big welcome home sign and a bunch of ribbons. Anne is the cutest little thing and it is so great to finally spend time with her in my own space. However, parenthood is going to take some getting used to. Like Andrew said late late last night.... "It's a good thing she is cute." She still struggles with bottle feeding and preparing her bottle still takes a rocket scientist but we manage. Giving her vitamins is another story... not a fan. She does however like her Prevacid it tastes fruity which I'm sure must be a real treat compared to what she normally gets. She really knows how to tell you what she likes and doesn't like. Its kinda funny actually... she will fuss and cry when you are bugging her but the instant the bugging (like changing any manor of apparel) stops... crying stops and she is fine. Like a light switch seriously. We are slowly letting close family meet her and hold her. Just two at a time and only after they wash their hands. Sorry for being so paranoid everybody but you would too if your baby spent its first two months of life in the NICU. One thing I have learned... she is so grunty and noisy! Its not a problem for her to wake us up in the middle of the night... no need for tears just grunt grunt grunt. Its funny except I'm tired when she does it. Well thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Sorry if this is to long and boring. Pictures to follow.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay!! SOOO exciting! Lucas wakes up every morning sometime between 3 and 4. He is perfectly content, but very noisy. I totally understand the grunting thing. And he kicks a lot. And plays with his canula and makes squeaky noises. Baby's first toy: oxygen canula!
I'm so happy for you two!! Good luck! Call if you ever just need to talk. If you ever have time, that is. I remember how hard it was to pump and then feed and all the other stuff. Keep up the good work!!! Sorry this is almost as long as your post. I'm so done now. :D

Dan said...

Yes, the grunting! Count your blessings, one day Ben learned how to screem and never went back! When I got Anna home from the NICU they told me to feed every two hrs. and pump between! Before long I was so tired, (and she never did take a bottle well, why when she had me on tap and on call) I gave up the pumping and went the the family bed, side lying nursing blissful more sleep thing! It bites when you want to ween though and get them to sleep all night in their OWN bed, but that is another story! Great news BTW! Dig in, and enjoy!

Phogles said...

huzzah! be grateful for a baby wit a "switch", that doesn't hold a grudge! ;o)

Austin & Tori Parks said...

YAY!! congrats! you have such a cute little family!

Helio said...

ok so i dont want to do homework so i come to the one place i expect to be entertained and what?! its not updated? you dont have time between feedings and diper changes to update for me? sigh... my life is so pathetic