Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crafty Me!

So I have this amazingly talented mother-in-law and she has taken a kind interest in encouraging me in my domestic pursuits. This weeks project was inspired by a sweet presidents day sale on patterns and material. So we went shopping and found our favorites. I am first going to make...Pretty sweet skirt huh? I'm making the one the girl is wearing. Looks pretty difficult for a beginner considering I have only ever made pajama bottoms. This skirt even requires a zipper! Good thing I have my trusty mother-in-law here. For those of you who don't know of her awesomeness she made this...
Not me but the dress. She made the dress. She also made this...
Yup she is talented. So wish me luck. I am hoping to have it done with lots of help and intervention by Sunday so I can wear it!
p.s. ha Amber I do post... but I was just too busy being awesome.

1 comment:

Phogles said...

hahaha! I love that you called me out personally in a blog post. I feel special and singled out. tee-hee-hee.

And, yay! join the ranks of sewing mamas! zippers aren't fun, especially if your stinkin' sewing machine doesn't have a stinkin' zipper foot...but I digress. You simply MUST post a pic when it is done!