It is done! Yes I finished my first major sewing project with help from Sandra. She did lots of pinning, ironing, question answering, and a little sewing. Now honestly its not quite runway quality but it is good. I have a problem with starting new hobbies in that I am a perfectionist. I make something look at it and say wow that is crap I must not be good at this. So i don't try anymore. I am pushing past that tendency in myself this time. So here you go pictures of my skirt. Ignore the wrinkles... I already ironed it once. Then I wore it... Enjoy.
5 comments:
Your skirt turned our really cute. Now that you're pro you can teach me how to sew. :)
Shiloh! To hear you talk, it was a dismal failure. But looking at the photos, it turned out GREAT! Even the inside looks professional (which is better than I can say about some stuff I have bought off the rack!) And an invisible zipper? Holy Cow. Hon, you did NOT pick an easy project to start. I'm totally impressed. Way to go!
BTW: pretty sure Sandra could hold the camera...
I'm quite jealous! Not only does that skirt look too cute, but like you did a pretty dang good job!
Wow, you even did pockets! That's one thing I haven't even dared do yet. I prefer sewing bags and scripture cases and headbands and things that don't have to fit a person's figure just right! ;)
So freakin talented!!
Post a Comment