Thursday, March 18, 2010

I ran/walked/jogged/almost died a 5K! Go me!

Okay so go to this link for the 5k results and do Ctrl F (it is a neat trick you can thank me later for teaching it to you) then a little window pops up in the top right corner and type in Stradley and hit enter. First you will find Matthew who came in 19 then Andrew then me. Mom and Dad Stradley where out of town and I thought it would be neat to get Andrew and Matthew to come run a 5K with me. Andrew ran it last year with his good buddy Ryan. Hannah, Ryan's wife, and I had to sit out due to being due in May and October. This year Hannah and I got together and planned a breakfast and run for all of us. Andrew picked up our gear the day before and with the bang of George Q. the cannon we where off. I walked jogged maybe ran a little and man it was hard. The plan for Hannah and I was to take our kiddos so we would have an excuse for going slow... we didn't bring them and we were still slow. However, we beat the pregnant lady,  well at least one of them.  That made me feel better about myself. Anyway... I ran and I am awesome. I keep telling myself... next year I want to run a marathon. I think it would be awesome. I have plenty of experts here who could help me train and run it with me. Well at least I know I can survive a new exercise routine... I guess if I didn't really die even though I felt like it for a second or two... I can maybe start working out in the morning with my mother-in-law and her ladies. Maybe...5:30 is so early... Andrew would laugh at me for that. He wakes up every morning at that time. Go me.

3 comments:

Liz the Manley said...

Go Shiloh! That's awesome! I think I *would* have died!

Phogles said...

awe, I admire you! this is a cool thing I may or may not ever do. go you!

Sarah said...

I'm running a 10k when I get back to Utah, and my goal is to run a marathon next year too. So we should train together! Congratulations by the way! Sounds like things are going well for you! :)