Friday, March 12, 2010
Demanding
So there have been demands made... This last week we survived our first family flu! Go us for not killing each other on accident or on purpose! First I came down with it two sundays ago and didn't go to church. Then Anne started getting a little snotty and eating less and coughing. So I took her to the pediatrician where they sucked her snot and tested for bugs. The next day we got the call... yes it is RSV!!!! EEEEEK. That meant I had it too probably. Then Andrew came down with it and we where just one happy RSV family. Mom and Dad Stradley have been in Hawaii this hwole time. So it is just me at home with sick Anne and sick me... then sick Andrew... then one day of kinda sick Matthew. Andrew asked me if I would survive taking care of two babies... I almost didn't. Poor Anne was puking a ton! I learned that babies don't know how to hawk a loogie so they cough and gag and swallow their snot and spit which gives them upset stomachs so gagging leads to throwing up. It was a long week.. We where all just so pitiful. We did learn about a sweet service our local hospital offers where they will put a tube down Anne's throat and suck the snot out of her lungs so it doesn't stay there and impede her breathing or turn into bronchitis. So we took her several times. She hated it!!! She is particularly touchy about her nose. She had a feeding tube down it for the first 2 months of her life so ya... don't touch it. So I had to hold her down while the nurse tortured her an dscreamed and gave me sad hateful looks. Good thing she doesn't hold a grudge. She still has a bit of a cough but eating much much better an dlaughing and smiling again. We are all not 100% over it but much better. I seem to have a lingering stuffy nose and congestion that just won't let up. We have been trying to get Anne to sleep in her crib in her own room, but it seems every time we try she gets sick or starts throwing up or something makes me too nervous to have her not close so I can hear her breath. I'm a bit uptight I guess but it make me so nervous to have her in the other room. So last night we tried again and she survived and so did I so I guess we will try again tonight so there you go... That is our contagious update. Her are some cute naked baby bath time pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these pictures!! She has the prettiest eyes!!
Post a Comment