Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Bed Rest
So I did it again... I got pregnancy induced hypertension. At my 35 week check up today I scared the Dr with a very high blood pressure. He promptly sent me to the hospital to be monitored and possibly delivered today if the tests didn't come back with good results. We called our handy dandy babysitter on last minute notice and put Anne down for a nap praying to the Lord Almighty that she wouldn't wake up til we got back (Anne doesn't do well with babysitters... as in she refuses to eat and she throws up and she cries the whole time). We packed up everything because the Dr said maybe deliver today or tomorrow if things aren't looking good. Off to the hospital we went. They hooked me up to all the machines and started taking blood pressures. Also TMI (skip this next two lines if you have a weak stomach) I am on a 24 hour urine collect right now. Yup, I have a jug of urine in my fridge to be donated to science. I'm so giving. Well, my blood pressures went down a little bit which is surprising because by now I'm pretty stressed about having a baby a little earlier than expected and what to do with Anne and blah blah blah I was hungry too. So finally after a blood draw and monitoring and I think 2 hours later they let me go home only if I promised to keep peeing and to STAY ON BED REST! Yup. I have a little baby that needs to be fed changed and paid attention to... not to mention dishes, laundry, food prep, entertaining myself.... Bed rest is not my idea of the way to spend the last few weeks of this pregnancy. I almost would have rather a C-section today! I am only as far as I know aloud to get up for bathroom breaks, showers, and feeding myself. That is it. Andrew has school and work during the day. Okay, work maybe he could skip... sacrifices can be made... but school. No! He needs to graduate someday. He already dropped a ton of classes with all the drama that came with Anne. Ugh... what is a girl to do. I don't like asking for help and I feel very much like an imposition. My dear mother in law is going to help as much as she can for which I am very grateful. Okay, so I'm sure if I put my brain to it and have a little faith and hope it will all work out, but I just needed to complain. Thanks for listening Internet... if you could come change feed and entertain my baby for a while that would be nice as long as you dont' freak her out. As an added note to calm your fears, the baby is doing fine. If he came today he would have a very short NICU stay if that. It is just me they are worried about. You see hypertension in my history leads to preeclampsia which is all sorts of bad. So they are going to get me as far as they can but I won't likely be going full term and the chances of a VBAC have dropped to maybe 15%.... also, I was supposed to have this baby after my sister in law had her twins so I wasn't the last and the next to add family to the stradley family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
go read this: http://avital.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-be-best-post-partum-visitor-in.html?spref=fb#axzz1I75KE2Y6
Oh Shiloh, that's so lame! I'm glad your little guy is still doing well, but bed rest would probably drive me crazy, since I have a toddler as well. Where are you guys living now? I'm in Orem, and would love to volunteer my services to watch Anne for you, if you think she'd be okay with that. Best of luck!
Post a Comment