I wanted to Thank Lucas for the hope and love he brought into my family when we needed it most. We met the Stoddards as newlyweds on our first Sunday in our ward. I still feel God had a hand in bringing us to them and them to us. I'm shy and have a hard time getting to know new people, but the Stoddards introduced us to killer bunnies, singing moosen, and best of all hope. Lucas was born with all of his complications at the same time we were pregnant with Anne and found out she would have some complications of her own. Because of our common circumstances we had someone who understood us and could talk to us in a way no one else could. We joyed for Lucas when he came home from the hospital. The Stoddards were some of the first people to meet Anne in the NICU. We joined the "Weirdo Baby Club" complete with hospital wrist bands and battle stories and basement dwelling. Before Lucas was betrothed to every nurse at Primary's or any other cute girl... he was Anne's.
He gave Anne her first dinosaurs. I know I can ask Kristen special questions about development delays and Drs that drive me crazy and how to pack more calories into Anne's day. It didn't matter how far away they moved or how long it had been since we last saw them... it always feels like we can connect with them like old friends. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Lucas got us through a time when we needed friends who knew and understood us and we will forever be grateful for his hope and example and infectious smile. It is an honor to be a member of the weirdo baby club with you Lucas. It is an honor to have known you. my heart breaks for your family and their loss. You are in our prayers. We love you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment