Monday, August 8, 2011

The Poopsmith

WARNING: POOP AHEAD PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Remember those good ole days when potty humor was awesome and cartoons were full of them?  I do.  Well today is one of those days... make that week.  I don't know if any of you were ever as obsessed with strongbad cartoons as I was.  I remember every week getting on my Mom's computer back home to watch each new episode.  They were hilarious right?  Now I've grown up and moved on to bigger better things.  Like kids.  Potty humor is soooo beneath me now.  But as its a newly christened Shiloh Stradley poop week holiday I would like to draw your memory back to a single character on strongbad... the poopsmith.
 He did exactly what his name implies.  I have been feeling a lot like the poopsmith lately.  He had one job to do and he did it well.  He even took a vow of silence.  Oh the dedication!  Thank you to one little man and his stinker of a sister I feel like taking a vow of silence and buying a shovel. 
Don't let this disguise fool you!

Not as sweet as she looks!
So I'm a cloth diaper queen by nature.  I grew up that way and I'm fine with it.  Wash rinse repeat... that's how I roll.  I do however treat myself to a disposable diaper on occasion.  You know during diaper rash season, for the babysitter, or during a road trip.  Anyway, during this last road trip we got a ton of disposable diapers to make travel without washer or dryer much easier.  So after the trip I have been using up all the leftover diapers before they are to small.  With the speed Dallas gains weight it could happen soon.  Dallas doesn't seem to work well with these.  He can't seem to keep his stink in his diaper.  Ugh. So one morning Dallas needed some cuddling to get a few xtra Zs in for him and Mom.  I pulled him into bed with me.  I noticed my hand felt wet at some point but I as way too tired to care.  Besides Dallas sweats a ton so that was probably it right?  Two hours later I woke up and yup.  Gross.  All down my left leg and my hand.  See if I ever cuddle with him again.  Stinky little poop monster.  Luckily he only got me and not the bed.  Well I think it was that morning also that Anne figured out how to take her diaper off because I didn't get her out of bed in time.  She was bored and when all you have to play with is a blanket a bear and a diaper, well that is just what you do.  Luckily she was only wet and didn't play with it I don't think.  Two days later though and it was another late morning.  Anne pulled her diaper off with poop in it.  YUCK!  I stopped breathing so I wouldn't throw up and took care of my angel toddler as quick as possible.  We all got a bath that day.  Then we went to the park and Dallas was sitting happily on my knee.  I look down and all up his back and all over my shorts.... more poop.  He got to sit in just a diaper for the rest of the park visit because I didn't bring a back up outfit.  The joys of motherhood.
I promise I still love them.
So you see?  I feel like a poopsmtih.  I don't remember aspiring to such an occupation yet here I am.  Good thing I have patience and love and hand sanitizer to spare.  The health insurance could be better but what do you do?  I think we will be going back to cloth diapers today. It just isn't worth it anymore to use up the rest of the disposables.

4 comments:

Rachel Lybbert said...

Oh wow. You're a good woman. I don't miss the days of baby blowouts, and I've had to come up with ways to keep Emma from taking off her diaper. After she took one off filled with poop...sigh...I'm sure you understand. Best of luck with your cute kiddos!

Liz the Manley said...

Shiloh I absolutely love your sense of humor! I miss you already! ...and thank you for posting ;)

Phogles said...

Strongbad! We still quote him, thanks to your introduction. I wonder if he is still poking around the internet...

And yes, it's true: no disposable will ever live up to the containment capacity of cloth diapers. Ever.

I think Dallas is stinky AND sneaky. Good thing he is cute, right?

Hannah said...

Poopsmith, we salute you!! ...and empathize with you. Double duty cloth diapers is a stinky ride. Lauren's been potty training lately so it's even worse than disposable diapers, cause the poop just lands on the floor. Actually the other day I forgot to put Lauren in a diaper before her nap and she totally had diarrhea about 45 minutes into her nap. So she had a super short nap and I had to strip down her and her bed. Oh the things that now fill up the day. Poop.