Monday, November 14, 2011

Front End Loader

Okay pop quiz... Do you know the difference between an excavator and a front end loader?  How about the difference between an excavator and a back hoe?  You don't know? Well maybe you should ask Anne.  She knows.  I'm not kidding. 
Grandma Stradley got Dallas a book called my first truck board book.  Since Dallas can't read and would rather eat the book he shares it with Anne.  She is obsessed!  She talks about trucks all the time.  If I say lets read a book she will throw everything out of her toy box just to find her "tuck book".  We have some construction going on in our neighborhood and Anne has discovered all the trucks there.  She will point them out and say "Loader mommy LOADER!" 

Today we just sat and watched them pick up piles of dirt and we talked about the semi and the excavator and the front end loader.  She was in heaven.  I'm beginning to wonder about nature vs nurture.  She currently talks about football and basketball all the time.  She loves trucks. I don't know if I should dress her in pink more or what.  I think she idolizes Andrew a lot and well... he talks about sports a lot.  The trucks are pretty neat so I don't blame her for being fascinated.  Anyway.  Anne loves trucks.  Should I be worried? Nah. She still loves to burp babies and take care of everything and yesterday she demanded that I paint her toe nails purple.  I adore my little truck lovin gal.

3 comments:

Liz the Manley said...

Love this!

Hannah said...

I know the difference between an excavator and a front end loader and a backhoe, thanks be to my heavy civil equipment and soils class. I'm very impressed Anne! I knew there was a reason I liked her ;) How about a skid steer? Lauren has a set of books that have "baby's first words." One of the books is about cars/things that go, there were three pages (in a very small book) dedicated to construction equipment! I confess though that I had never heard of a skid steer that was mentioned in that baby book, that is until my class. Lauren is currently in to tractors, when she gets big she wants to ride one.

Phogles said...

The girl digs trucks! I love it! Anne is awesome. Don't mess with it, just let her be her own self. The pink and the other stuff may or may not come later. And since when was sports not girl-acceptable? I remember a certain young woman who loved camo and lifting weights. ;)