Thursday, June 19, 2008

Greasy Car Sales Persons

So I work at a car dealership in as a receptionist. I got this sweet job because I know people :) Also I have great people skills and some office skills no worries I am over qualified. If you have read my previous post you understand that I get bored. This is me at work bored right now... However, things are about to get a lot more exciting!!! My boss wanted to talk to me about my future which sounded *gulp* ominous. So he sat down and asked me about my engagement and my plans for school and the future. Oh no here it comes... we see the company going in another direction or maybe you just aren't Honda material or ya I thought you could do this job but you are to good ha ha ya right. Nope. We want to create a new position and I want you to do it. They tried this position out in the past but there was no proper training and the salesman I will be helping just didn't have the time. So... they are trying again but with new ideas and better training and I will be trained as a car salesman!
Ya that is the picture I saw in my head at that point in time. I won't really be a salesman as much as I will be the assistant to one of the top salesmen in Honda. I will train just like a car sales(lets be politically correct)person, but I will pretty much just be doing the paper work for Kevin (He is in the top three for Honda and has lots of shiny plaques in his office) and working with customers when he doesn't have the time. I have to know all about Honda cars and be just like a salesman without being a full salesman or man. This will mean a lot of training and quizzes and one on one guidance from my managers (they will be training me so I get face time with my boss ha ha that will be great since he already knows and likes me)... ya I thought school stuff belonged in school. To the general public take comfort that not all salesmen are created equal... some take quizzes. I will be starting here in the next week or so! More pay better hours... what could be the downside... I should go out and get a 70's retro polyester suite ha ha and some sweet bling.

1 comment:

Phogles said...

polyester suit, yes; bling.....no. Gold just isn't your color, honey. Hey, I thought this was The Chronicles of Andrew and Shiloh. So where is Andrew? ;)