Friday, October 2, 2009
Fatty McFatterson
Anne today is 3 lb 10 oz! Yup she is a fatty. Maybe at this rate she will be 4 lb by Monday?!? This weekend is conference weekend and the air is crisp and there is snow on the mountains. I dunno what I am going to do about conference... I am nursing her twice a day but i can't do back to back nursing. That means I either come down twice a day or stay down here for 6 hours or more. During the week that is fine because I'm here longer than that generally waiting for Andrew to be done with school/work. Weekends... there are other things needing to be done and other people to please. I will probably miss conference all together and promise myself I will read it when it comes out in the Ensign. I keep forgetting that if she was home with me I would be devoting my attention to her more than others anyway... some how I feel guilty trying to satisfy her needs because they require so much of my time and not just let me leave the room so I can nurse/change my child time but I need to drive 45 minutes to sit and stare at my child feed her read to her bond with her and not be home for hours at a time which means my laundry isn't done or sorted and my bedroom is a mess and I haven't showered in 2 days and I forget to hydrate and feed myself and I get no sleep not because my baby cries but because I need to pump food for her time. I begin to worry about others needs and thoughts more than my baby's needs. Stupid I know. This is hard. Trying to split my life between home hospital husband laundry in-laws.... on and on. Amber said I try to please to many people. It is true. In happy news Anne is nursing much better now. She got 4 mL Wednesday evening then 8 mL Thursday morning. That tuckered her right out and she wasn't very sentient for that evenings feeding. Today she got 2 mL so we know she knows what she is doing. She gets it now she just needs to strengthen her muscles and her hunger. She also needs to coordinate swallowing and remembering to breath... thus the oxygen. In other news my little sister gets to come down for conference and I persuaded the nurses that she is from out of state and it is a one time thing she will be able to visit Anne!!! I am so excited for someone from my side of the family tree to see our sweet little Anne. For the rest of you call her and be very jealous. Also I should apologize to all of you who keep calling me. I get NO SERVICE in the NICU. Sorry. When I finally do get your message I am to exhausted to carry on an intelligent conversation or heck... I just don't want to. Sorry if that offends. I'm a little stressed and I like my me time (silence, sleep, time with husband) If you want updates please call Mom or Amber or consult me right here. I will respond through facebook, e-mail, or blog quicker than by phone. Sorry no pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When Sophie was first born, she had major troubles eating and nursing. I had to pump ALL the time too. I felt like my house was a dairy farm! haha. And I think everybody goes through the "no time for me" blues. I can totally relate to not feeding myself and not showering! haha. I'm sorry that you have to drive so far away to see her though - 45 min. seems like a long time. Whenever I feel down about splitting up my time, I always remember that when I look back on my life I won't remember how clean my clothes were- but I will remember the amazing moments with my baby, when she was still a baby!! I loved the video though, Shiloh, you are a great mommy!!!
You guys are so amazing. I can't imagine the stress that you must be going through, but you are a trooper. And always keep in mind that this is only for a season =) That's what i have to tell myself every day some weeks!
Post a Comment