Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update!

Anne is now 4 lb. 4 oz. Yeah!!! She is gaining weight and that is wonderful. Nursing... well each time she gets 2-8 mL not enough to keep anyone alive. She knows how to nurse but she gets tuckered out quickly. I started using a shield from recommendation of lactation specialist and now Anne won't nurse without it darn her. She has grown an attitude with the last few ounces. If I try and get her to nurse without it just to see if we can and she screams until I get the shield out and then she is fine. Stinker. She had another head ultrasound yesterday to keep track of the Dandy Walker and it looks the same as all the other ones... meaning its still there but its not getting worse. They should be checking her eyes today or tomorrow sometime just to make sure she will be fine and be able to see. Her feeds are up to 41 mL every 3 hrs. She is more and more awake and alert and that makes it more fun to sit and stare at her. I have been reading to Anne to entertain myself. First we read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Now we are reading Harry Potter. The Nurses think its the cutest thing. I think they enjoy being read to too.Amber sent some very cute clothes made by Salissa Palmer I think. They are way cute and I only managed to get a hat on her for pictures and she was a little to fussy to let me try anything else on her. How am I doing? Its really hard. I know I need to be doing those little things everyday to keep my self sane (scripture study, pray, eat right, drink water, get exercise....) but they all seem to fall by the wayside or I do them sometimes. Everything seems to stress me out. Even things that shouldn't be stressful stress me out. Sorry little sister but you wanted to stay this weekend and I really honestly said no because it stressed me out when it shoulda been happy to see her. The one thing that doesn't stress me out is the courtesy cart that provides free treats... I just got some sun chips. I love the courtesy cart. The other thing that doesn't stress me out is the black guy with the sweet punk moehawk/foehawk. There I feel better already. Sorry that last bit was a downer. I have been watching way to much CSI while pumping at the hospital I think. It is kinda depressing. PS this hospital has someone to take care of their plants. She dusts and waters and prunes and that is her job. Cool. Update post post ha ha after I posted this Anne took 16 mL w/o the shield and had no tears! Now my day is better.

3 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I finally have time to sit down and get updated on your life. I am going backwards, but oh well.

The joys of nursing =) I have one sister who wasn't able to nurse, so that's so great that it's working for you, even under the circumstances. She is so so sweet.

Phogles said...

go, Anne, go! Any you, too, Shiloh. Hang in there. You impress me with your strenght and resolve. I mean it. You're amazing. XOXOX

Neesha said...

I second Amber's comment, hang in there! It's all very understandable so try not to be hard on yourself. (I realize that's very difficult not to do!) On a happy note: Go Anne!! I can't believe how her weight gain is coming along. Very impressive! Love to you! P.S. I'd blog more, but I can only sit for so long at this point in the pregnancy. I'd like to say I'll work on it, but I can't make any guarantees. :O