Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thank You To Those Who Posted

So the other day pretty well stressed me out. Maybe she won't eat maybe she has seizures maybe she needs surgery... made for some sleepless nights. No joke I got up and organized all my freezer milk by date. Didn't reach sleep til 3am. Well, Wednesday Annie the occupation therapist for nursing and feeding babies came and did a consult with Anne and I. She 35 mL from a bottle for that feed. However there is a magic recipe to achieve Anne's perfect feed. We need oxygen, cradle her close with her head above her feet, burp her several time throughout the feed, let her stop and breath when she starts drooling to much, and tell her how awesome she is when she has done a good job. That last one is essential because she doesn't perform for nothing. Last night one of the nurses got her to take the whole feed 53 mL from a bottle! That is huge! Also the head of the NICU took a look at her EEG and said she had no seizure activity and she had a very good sleep pattern. So all concerns from the other day... gone! The therapist asked me why I thought she was doing so much better. Seriously from 3 mL to 35 mL in a day. I asked Andrew to give her a father's blessing and the twitches I was worrying about haven't happened and she started to like eating! As depressed and sad as I get over all this I know we are truly blessed. We have been watched over. So many people have asked after us, people I haven't seen in years. I know there are so many praying for us and putting our name in the temple and looked at our facebook pictures and followed our blog. Sometimes I am prideful and the attention annoys me. I have always wanted attention my whole life but now I couldn't want it less. Anyway, Anne has suprised us again. I need to take more pictures.

7 comments:

Phogles said...

Anne Stradley, the Master of Surprise! (Mistress?)

Ashley Seil Smith said...

You DO need to post more pictures of that sweet little angel baby. I am SO happy she is doing so much better. Sometimes God gives us the hard days so that we can better recognize the great ones. I think I learn that over and over every day.

Carolina said...

I am so glad to read your update! I have been praying for both mama and baby. I'm happy that things have turned upward today :-)

Naomi said...

yea, you do need to take more pictures! I'm glad she's feeding better, thanks for keeping us updated! Love ya Shiloh!

Georgie Girl said...

so glad to hear our prayers are helping! hope Ann doesen't make a habit of making you wait till the last desperate second her whole life! :) love ya!

Allison said...

Oh, this is great news. I'm so glad she's getting better at eating. Little Anne is a fighter! Thinking about you and little Anne often...

Cheryl said...

This is great news! I am so glad to hear that Anne is eating and getting stronger!!